Monday, March 17, 2014

52 Week: What my own Lolita lifestyle is like

Mmm, this'll probably be fairly short, as there's not a lot to say!

When I'm at home I'm a lot more social, my community is great and there's usually a meetup (at least one) when I'm there, and there's definitely several in the summer. I tend to wear it more in the summer while on a non-Lolita outing (why... why... it's so much hotter! I don't know why I do this!) than in the winter, though I do bring my Lolita home for Christmas break just in case (also, those meetups I mentioned.) My mom is awesome about helping me get dressed, or if I have a sewing project I'm working on she'll help me with that, or if we go to the thrift store she'll help me find stuff, and she's always keeping an eye out for something that I'd like in general, and knows enough about Lolita to give coording advice, or find something Loli-able (or, if she happens to see another Lolita, she'll either point her out to me or text me. It's fun! ^_^)

During school I wear it more, as long as the weather is mild, although sometimes I'll be brave and venture out if the weather is weird... as long as it's not raining. Sometimes if it's too hot, or I don't feel well but want to look cute, I'll do a "Lolita-esque" outfit with one of my dresses, but no petti and more toned down shoes/accessories (my favorite is my green dress, Bodyline's L411, with white flats and simple hair/jewelry) but usually if I want to wear Lolita, I'm wearing it full out, even if it's hot. This semester I've had trouble deciding what days I want to wear it, because my class schedule is a little weird (maximum time out of the dorm and out and about, or maximum time to get ready but only wear it to one class?) but if the weather is nice, I'll at least wear it to anime club, cause most of the members know what it is.

I wear Lolita to conventions and festivals too, but I mainly go to A-kon, Oni-con, and Japan Fest, because of where I am when they happen (A-kon is after I get home for the summer, so, Dallas convention, while Japan Fest and Oni-con happen in Houston/Galveston when I'm down there for school.) I don't really travel for conventions, though this year I traveled, and probably for at least a few years after I'll be traveling, for Wild Wild West con... and next year I'll probably take a nice, light, dress! (Old Tuscon is dusty and sunny!)

Really, that's pretty much it. My wardrobe doesn't grow very quickly... I tend to get one major thing a year, unless I'm sewing it myself, and then recently I'm starting to have little goals for what I want to get, such as "more headbows" "more accessories" "some good blouses" and work on those during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment