Wednesday, March 19, 2014

30 Day: Day 7 : 10 people who inspire your lolita style.

I didn't skip day six, what'cha talkin' 'bout? *cough*

1. Princess Peachie! She's probably the person who's inspired me the most, even though I don't really consider myself a sweet Lolita, but she's so genuine and kind and happy and I love all her videos and I end up watching them over and over again.

2. Lovely Lor. She's inspired me in pretty much the same way Peachie has, only with Lor it's also very much her sense of humor, and how fun and funny her videos are.

3. Averie, from Lolita Tips on Tumblr. Without her help, I'd still be as lost as a goose in a hailstorm. (I hope I've spelled her name right!!)

4. Kyary, as in Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

5. M. Alice LeGrow. She's the author of one of my absolute favorite manga series, Bizenghast. It was one of the first manga I read, and I got to meet her at my first convention (she was actually why I went.) She's been the inspiration of a lot of different crafty things, actually.

6. My mom. She's the one who helped me pick out my first dress, and really gave me the parental support I needed to feel comfortable with starting out. She also gave me one of my dresses, helped me with the finer points of making my skirt, and has listened to me cry either in person or on the phone about my sewing machine breaking more times than I care to count.

7. My sparkle heart/best friend. She's not a Lolita, but she's been the most amazing best friend anyone could possibly ask for. She gives me confidence just to be myself, even if that self makes people roll their eyes, and has helped shape so many things about me that I don't think I'd be the same person otherwise.

8. My anime club advisor. I go to church with him, and he is one of the nicest men you will ever meet in your life. He has no clue what anime is, or what Lolita is, but he is excited about everything our club does, from fundraisers to random activities, and he has the ability to tell me that I look nice, just when I was thinking that maybe Lolita wasn't a good idea today.

9 and 10 are for my friends down in Galveston. I'm trying not to name names, but all my friends are so supportive and genuinely kind people, who stay with/deal with/put up with me even when I do blindingly stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment