Tuesday, September 30, 2014

52 Week: My first meetup

My first meetup was mentioned in my last post... laser tag!

I remember being a little nervous, just because it was a new group of people who I'd never met. I'd been to cosplay meetups before (I've since left the cosplay group, and while I still cosplay I do it much more casually) but never a lolita meet, and so I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen.

My mom and I did a "dry run" a day or two before, where we drive out to the meetup location so that I can see ahead of time if there's any construction or how some funky thing on the map works, and pick out landmarks. And then, if anything goes wrong, then mom is in the car with me and we can figure out how to fix it without me having a panic attack ^_^; Anyway, I knew how to get there, and everything went fine, I think I was the third person there? I'm always early.

I think they lumped us in with a few more people, but it was largely just us playing, and we did sweet versus classic and gothic for the team divide ^_^ It was a total blast and we hung out after the game, and it just generally made me very excited about being part of the comm.

No comments:

Post a Comment