Sunday, September 21, 2014

So... Challenges... Right...

Did I say that I would have time to blog this summer? Surely I didn't say that...

Ooooohhhhhh boy, I have let this blog slide a lot! My summer was very busy, with illness and online classes and volunteering, and so while I was active on Tumblr, a lot of my "blogging blogging" kind of went by the wayside. Also, I've been working on an original novel, and so if I had time to sit down and write something, that's usually what I was working on. Or I was doing character research, and ended up on Tumblr anyway.

Also, these challenges are, well, challenges! I'm very bad about keeping up with trends, and even in lolita fashion, I tend to ignore trends completely, unless it's something that I like, and even then my notice of the trend will be more of a "hey, it's magically easier to find people selling that thing I like, hooray!" So weekly topics like "3 trends I wish would come back" "Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love" "Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on" and etcetera, are very hard for me to do, because I'm sitting here like "um... what's been a trend? Oh, solid tights were a trend? Okay, I like those, that's all the leg wear I own..." As I mentioned, I'm very practical with my fashion choices, even in a very impractical fashion like lolita.

So, I'm deciding how finishing off these challenges is going to go down. I've started my new semester of college, and I now have an on-campus job (I'm a TA for my favorite professor!) so I'm likely not going to have as much time to really blog as I did last semester (which wasn't much in the first place, I know) but I will try to keep going at a steady rate. With the "30 day" challenge, there's a lot of pictures in there, and so I might do a post that just has "30 Day Challenge: Day 20-25" and a bunch of pictures. With the "52 week" challenge, I'm just going to do the ones that I have something to say about, because we don't need a bunch of "uh, trends... right" posts from me. So if I go from week 19's topic to week 32's topic, you haven't missed anything!

And that's pretty much it. I think I might try to finish up the 30 Day challenge today, and figure out what post I'm doing next on the 52 week, so expect an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment