Tuesday, October 7, 2014

52 Week: How I accessorize

I think I've mentioned this before, but I tend to take a very low key approach to accessories. For one thing, I'm very hard on jewelry, and so I tend to not wear much of it very often.

Head pieces: This is helped by the fact that I don't actually own very many lolita head pieces. I have a non-lolita headbow (on a hairband) that I wear with lolita fairly often, a Bodyline bow that I'm pretty sure is supposed to be a detachable bow, but I shoved a bobby pin onto it, a crocheted beret, and two bows my best friend gave me that have the weird spring clip backings. None of these are very tall, or particularly large, and while I'd like to add a bit more variety, for the most part I like it this way.

Earrings: I'm pretty "meh" about earrings. I have a lot of them, but a limited number that actually go with my dresses. None of these are very big, although some dangle. When I do my EGL wardrobe post in January I'll post it here too. Sometimes I wear earrings with lolita, sometimes I don't. And sometimes I meant to, but forgot to put in earrings and don't realize it until I'm getting out of the car at the meetup.

Bracelets: Eh, I'm not that big on bracelets. I have a few, but unless I'm really going with a theme with my jewelry (for example, I have a key necklace, and I have a bracelet full of locks) I don't typically wear them.

Rings: I wear them occasionally, but not often. More often than I wear bracelets, though.

Necklaces: I usually try to wear a necklace. Necklaces are what I wear the most both in and out of lolita. I just like to have a little something around my neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment