Tuesday, May 13, 2014

52 Week: Why don't I wear Lolita more often?

Ahhh! It's been so long since I've posted! Well, if I tell you that I just finished up with my finals, that'll explain all of it ^_^; At first I was going to try and catch up with what I missed, but it's really easier to just start where I left off. So, hopefully I'm back to posting Monday's (well I'm off to a great start...) Wednesday's, and Friday's!

I think the reason I don't wear Lolita more often can be best summed up with the fact that I'm a little fearful of getting my dresses dirty. I got a stain on one of my dresses while in a friend's car and it almost completely ruined the evening, and I literally felt sick until I got the stain out. I don't wear it if I know the weather will be bad, either, so down in Galveston sometimes that knocks out a good chunk of time. And, at home, honestly there's a great deal of potential for stains: we have two dogs who are barely over 2 years old, and still act like puppies (which includes running around in the mud and then jumping all over me) and shed a ton. So I tend not to wear Lolita unless I'm going out, and then I don't really get dressed until shortly before.

It also needs to be said that Lolita is not a very practical fashion (I don't think anyone would argue that) and so it's a little hard to want to wear it for anything besides meetups, going to class, trips to the mall, or other special things during the year like concerts, haunted houses, or conventions. My family lives a fairly practical life; I'm the "collector" of the family and I really don't have large collections of any particular thing, but we have lots of animals, from turtles to my horse, and so for an average day, Lolita just isn't practical, and while I think that the "lounging princess" sort of thing is fine for other people... it's just not me.

I love Lolita, make no mistake, and when I wear it I feel completely comfortable and happy with life, but with a fear of getting my dresses too dirty... with my house, I'll never be a "lifestyler," that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment