Friday, April 25, 2014

52 Week: Why I wear lolita

Okay, yes you can't see any of my coord (I'm on the right) but this is part of the reason why I haven't been updating ^_^ I went to a B.A.P concert (my first full concert!) over my (extended) Easter break, and studying after I got back has kept me from updating!

But I wore lolita to this concert, because B.A.P means a lot to me, and lolita does too. And while I was waiting for the concert to start, I kinda started thinking about this post a little bit.

My lolita style (sweet-classic blend) is, essentially, me. My mom helped me pick out my first dress, after I had narrowed my choices down to four, and she picked my favorite of the bunch, telling me it "looked like me." This is the style that I had been looking for without knowing I was looking for it, and even my non-lolita clothes look very similar to what I wear in lolita, either in color, general look, or both.

The day of the concert was the first time in a while that I'd worn lolita, simply because I hadn't had a chance to, and when I was ready to go I looked at myself and thought "this is good. I feel good, I missed this." For various reasons, I sometimes struggle with body image issues, but when I wear lolita, even just a casual coord, I really genuinely feel pretty and for once I don't compare how I look with other people.

I wear lolita for that reason, and that's why I get excited about other people's fashion choices, cause it means the same thing to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment