Sunday, January 11, 2015

52 Week: Weeks 42-45

Okay, so I was intending to finish the 52 week challenge before the end of the year. Obviously that didn't happen... so I'm going to do the same thing that I did with the 30 Day challenge and do several of these things in one post.

The ways in which I fit the cliche (Week 42)

I think, just to look at me, look at my bedroom, or look at how I dress when I'm -not- in lolita, there are many, many, ways in which I fit the cliche. I like more traditionally "feminine" things: i.e. collecting cute things (Pokemon is my main collection but cute plush/things in general) I knit, I sew, and I bake. My room, while not a "lolita" room, is probably pretty close to a mix of classic and sweet, based on my furniture and the things I have displayed. My fashion style, outside of lolita, is still very feminine and I prefer to wear light colors, and I wear skirts more often than pants. My personality is generally described as cute, and I know I'm pretty timid, which I think is part of the cliche.

The ways in which I do not fit the cliche (Week 43)

I'm pretty practical in a lot of aspects of my life. I like keeping my fashion fairly low-key (well, as low-key as lolita can be) and I have a hard time spending a lot of money on single items. I also work around horses on occasions (I go see my horse a lot but it depends on what time I go see him if I'm really -working- or not) and so also wear clothes that I don't mind getting dirty. I also drive a 22 year old truck ^_^;

How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions (Week 44)

When I'm walking around campus, I usually have headphones in, so I don't often hear things that people have to say, but I've seen the "what the..." looks from people. With that sort of thing I just keep walking. To my face people are usually kind, although of course I've gotten the "where's your sheep" and I usually just blow that off too. During the 12 Days of Christmas meetup we were asked if we were there to sing, and we just politely told people no.

Something that was a gift (Week 45)

I've gotten a lot of accessories as gifts, but as far as big pieces:


Bodyline's L411. My mom got it for me for Christmas a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment